Thursday 12 May 2016

Pubs Galore the Truth

I do hope some members of Pubs Galore read this blog.

This is the full truth of what went on in the last two days,those being Tuesday and Wednesday 10th and 11th of May

I had decided to leave the forum and leave two last threads on it,i had already had a post deleted on Monday so i headed my thread with Lost Post,this thread asked why rob had got it in for me over the years,my conclusions came to either doing more reviews or having a much greater knowledge of pubs in Greater Manchester,i went on to say this is my penultimate thread,the next one was going to give praise to all members who have helped me out over the last six years on the forum,i did note that 18 people had read this thread before it was deleted.
That was on Wednesday,so when i took a look at the forum on Thursday and found my thread deleted i was pretty angry,so on Thursday afternoon i posted a new thread called lost thread which was in a similar way to the previous one but there was a bit of anger but not over the top,honest.

I then found out that i had had a warning about my first thread saying i am not conforming to the forums way of protocol,i really did not know what i had done wrong,i then got four more warnings about my second thread,all of these were from rob,this thread was also deleted.
I then realised that i would not be able to post a thread or do a post on the forum as they were being deleted,so i took another track and decided to thank all members who have helped me over the last six years on the form by doing a PM i think i did about six and then i sent Dave one thanking him and Conrad for all of their help over the years.
I must state that at no point did i say i was leaving the site,i even sent rob a PM saying i was now going to stay on the forum as he had pissed me off,i then noticed while still logged into the forum that Dave had done a thread titled AL 10000 i read this while logged in and thought i would reply but i could not reply as my right to use the forum had been taken away from me without me asking for it to be done,i then packed up for the day.

So now today i have no way of getting on the forum and i do admit i was going to stop posting but i was pushed before i could say what i wanted to.
At no point have i ever told admins that i want to leave the site,far from it,i will continue to do reviews and add photos,the only person who said i was leaving the site was rob who said in a PM for fucks sake get a life and leave Pubs Galore,or something very similar.

This is my blog and can not get anything deleted from it,just think on who is speaking the truth in this subject.


So to sum up i will never be on the forum again but i will be doing reviews and adding pictures to Pubs Galore.

Cheers Alan 




Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra
Dear Al 10000,

You have received a warning at Pubs Galore Forums.

Reason:
-------
Signature Rule Violation

You are trying to start a final whingeing thread that will end up getting other members of the forum in trouble.

Stop stirring and get on with your life outside of Pubs Galore.

What was wrong with either thread i posted yesterday and today,who do you think you are in telling me what to do,i was going to stop posting,but after you of all people telling me to get on with my life,i will now do the complete opposite,i will never do what you tell me to do,who the *uck think you are.

 Originally Posted by Al 10000
Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra
Dear Al 10000,


-------

Original Post:

I replied to Rob Camras post which ended in calling me a muppet,in my reply i said i was like a dog with a bone and do not give up and also said i dont like being called a muppet,this reply was not too angry in my opinion but yet again i have had a post deleted from the site.

I have also had a warning that i am not conforming to the forums way of doing posts,because i said S**** and K** in a post,but me being called a muppet on a post and on the PM that the Admin who now seems to run the site sent to me.

I have now given up after lots of trouble between me and the Admin involved,i really dont know in what way i have upset him over the years,it may be that i have done lots of reviews and added lots of photos or my much greater knowledge of Greater Manchester and its pubs,i have only touched the surface of what i have done there.

So to end this will be my penultimate thread,the next thread i do will be in praise of all the help most members have given me over the last six years on the forum.

Cheers Alan
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Pubs Galore Forums

There you go again.

Getting angry and abusive, you really are your own worst enemy.

I would suggest some anger management therapy, but I don't suppose you'd listen.

As you've pointed out neither your mother or your wife can stop you.




 
Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra
Dear Al 10000,

You have received a warning at Pubs Galore Forums.

Reason:
-------
Signature Rule Violation

You are trying to start a final whingeing thread that will end up getting other members of the forum in trouble.

Stop stirring and get on with your life outside of Pubs Galore.

What was wrong with either thread i posted yesterday and today,who do you think you are in telling me what to do,i was going to stop posting,but after you of all people telling me to get on with my life,i will now do the complete opposite,i will never do what you tell me to do,who the *uck think you are.
-------

These are some of the last PMs sent between me and the other Admin involved who said he had nothing to do with me being banned from the Pubs Galore forum.
I hope that any Pubs Galore members who read this updated blog will now see what really went on in the final days on the forum.

11 comments:

  1. Alan, I was sorry to hear that you had decided to leave the site, but I am shocked to now learn that you appear instead to have been forced off it by what seem to me to have been the tactics of a bully.

    I am glad that you will still be contributing photos and reviews. I look forward to reading your continuing pub crawls on this blog.

    All the best,

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not entirely sure what has gone on here,it doesn't all quite add up for me, I was unable to reply to your pm which I find a little unsettling, I totally am with Will on his comments and hope to read your future contributions wherever they may be.
    Cheers
    Moby(Citra)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, I don't use Pubs Galore or understand those issues, but I have enjoyed your posts here which I look forward to seeing more of. Best to have your own site if you can maintain it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your comments,i was pushed off the forum while still logged in,which is the reason you could not reply to my PM.

    @ Martin,

    I have done a new another pub crawl but i have had issues with adding photos so i am waiting for my Son to sort it out when he comes from his home in Worcester,i will be doing lots more pub crawls once this has been sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan - I also rely on my son to sort out technical issues with photos !

      Delete
  5. I think I have an account on the Pubs Galore forum but don't tend to use it. I don't know the details but this all seems totally arbitrary and unfair.

    You were asking on my blog why you had been deleted from my blogroll. I can assure you that you haven't been, but for some reason the most recent post showing up is the Chesterfield one, so it's well down the list and outside the ten most recent that are displated by default.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the reply,and also thanks for adding my fairly new blog to your blogroll.
      I always read your blog and enjoy reading it,when i feel i can make a comment i always do.

      I have had lots of trouble on the Pubs Galore forum from one certain member,i honestly think it is because i have done just under 2000 pubs in Greater Manchester and probably knot it better that him who lives in it,i live in the Nottingham area and have always done so.

      Cheers Alan

      Delete
  6. Hi, Mudgie of pubcurmudgeon.blogspot.com linked to this blog on twatter. I don't drink (dry alcoholic) and haven't visited pubs since '07 but I find your historical pub crawls fascinating in a sad-80's-geeky kinda way. Can we get a proper 'bio' etc for you, why and how you have come to have pre-smart phone photographic evidence and written records of pub crawls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack,

      This is not pubcurmugeons blog but Alan Winfields blog which pubcurmugeon kindly linked to his own blogroll.

      Because i use a camera and have been writing pubs down and all beers sold in the pubs i visit since 1982.
      So there were photographs being taken pre smartphone era.
      Hope that helps.

      Alan

      Delete
    2. Alan, I was aware that this isn't PC's blog, I think the grammar of my first post may have been off (I don't compose my posts in English to start with)and that led to some confusion.

      So why did you start taking photos? What camera(s) did you use? Did you have any training? What criteria where you looking for in a successful crawl? Why didn't your wife divorce you after you spent too much time in pubs and too much money at Boots having the films processed? Enquiring alcohol damaged minds need to know!

      Delete
    3. I have only ever used point and shoot cameras,my first decent camera was an Olympus Trip,i have had other Olympus cameras and then went on to Cannon Cameras all used 35mm films,my latest camera is a digital Samsung point and shoot camera.
      I have never had training,i just love doing pubs and the ones i have done i take a photo of.

      My wife did'nt divorce me as she likes going on pub crawls with me,if you take a look at other posts on my blog you will see what i mean,she continued doing pub crawls with me until 2010 when her knees became a big problem in walking round lots of pubs.
      We did any town or city that had plenty of pubs to do,we did not care what they looked like or how rough they were we just went in and did it.
      I have been told by a mate of mine who had alcohol problems with his liver when in his thirtys a doctor told him that he would be better drinking seven pints a day rather than the fifteen a day he did over the weekend.

      Cheers Alan

      Delete